The volunteer Director of Fundraising leads the PCF’s fundraising efforts, including overseeing established fundraising channels and actively seeking to identify and develop new channels to ensure the organization continuously realizes its revenue targets. The Director works in close collaboration with the events, product development, and grants teams within the Revenue Department to ensure a cohesive approach to revenue generation on behalf of PCF, participates in the establishment of fundraising goals, and provides strategic advice to senior management regarding the feasibility of desired goals. The Director establishes and maintains relationships with donors and strives to deliver a meaningful, positive donor experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies and campaign ideas that support the achievement of established targets across a range of fundraising activities.
- Direct the organization’s fundraising, execute and continuously improve all aspects of fundraising activities, and lead the development of new streams/opportunities, such as pursuing new philanthropic donors, growing individual giving, building a “raise your way” program, etc.
- Lead the development, maintenance, and presentation of fundraising reports/dashboards to provide senior leadership with current information on fundraising efforts and associated funds availability.
- Lead the development and execution of donor management practices that include donor attraction, engagement, and retention, and overseeing donor engagement activities such as recognition, reporting, relationship building, etc. Lead the establishment of a donor database.
- Support the VP, Revenue, in working in close collaboration with Marketing and Community Management to establish a common direction for developing a strong social media and general marketing plan to promote various fundraising efforts.
- Lead and motivate the team and ensure that fundraising plans and targets effectively translate into specific individual and team goals to ensure these objectives’ successful achievement.
You have substantial fundraising and leadership experience, with a proven track record of strategic fundraising and meeting challenging goals. You excel at building relationships with various stakeholders, particularly with current and potential donors, and are skilled at leveraging an organization’s value proposition to increase revenue generated through fundraising activities. You have a creative mind and enjoy proposing/pursuing new, innovative ideas. You have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or another related field (Master’s degree would be considered a strong asset);
- Strong knowledge of fundraising strategies, techniques, and practices;
- 10+ years experience of fundraising experience;
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans;
- Effective project management skills;
- Strong networking and communication skills;
- Strong management and leadership skills.
What we provide you with
This leadership role is a generational opportunity to build a best-in-class worldwide organization that will make a difference in millions of animals’ lives in the decades to come. The challenges of building an umbrella cancer agency from inception will provide learnings across the board while expanding your network of contacts that will be of assistance to your advancing private or non-profit sector career.
- This position is virtual and must reside within North America.
- This volunteer position requires a time commitment of approximately 8-10 hours per week and more at times.
- This role could potentially lead to other senior positions within the organization or its subsidiaries.
- The organization requires a long-term service commitment of at least one year at the confirmation of placement.
Contact/How to apply
Please forward your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.